Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random Makeup Tips

Aloha!

I just wanted to share with you a few tips I've learned in my few short months of makeup wear. I still don't know everything about makeup, but I'd like to!

1. To find the perfect nude shade for your lips, turn your hand palm side up, and match the color to the tips of your fingers. No way you can go wrong then.

2. Eyeshadow lovers, before putting any of your "face" on, put a base cream on your eyes first (I recommend
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion). Then apply your eyeshadow. I was told to do it this way since I use a lot of highly pigmented, shimmery and glittery eyeshadows, and end up with half of it on my cheeks. This allows for quick cleanup, and a perfect "face" every time.

3. Okay, find the perfect foundation and powder. (I know, DUH!) The reason I say this, is because as a black woman, I never thought I could match my skin tone PERFECTLY until I went to the
Precriptives counter in Macy's on a whim. Prescriptives Custom Blend makeup made a perfect foundation for me (which actually was a few shades lighter than my skin). Then my powder was made and matched to my exact skin tone.

All this is done right before your eyes, as the consultant mixes the formulas and the add-ins. (Think of it like a
Jamba Juice or a Smoothie King, but for makeup.) What effect does all that give? No lines along the edges of your face, and the most naturally flawless look you can find. And your face feels free, like there's no makeup on at all. This also allows for a more natural look when taking pictures. That way you won't look like you're wearing "Pancake #13".

That's all for today, but I hope life is at least as beautiful FOR you, as you are!

No comments: