Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mascara

BEAUTY WANNABE 


Aloha!


I know it’s been a few days since I posted, but I was working at the job.  I love my job!  But anyway, today I want to explore my “lash stash” (sorry for jacking that term, Sephora).  


My personal favorite up until recently was Cargo Blu-Ray Mascara.  It’s from their line of HD makeup.  Why do I need HD makeup?  This is life, you never know when your 15 minutes of fame or our cameo will happen!  Here is a shot of my naked eyelashes and my former favorite.  Yes, I know my eyebrows are busted and I look washed out.  But heck, I’m home today, with “Aunt Flo”  and my not-so-favorite cousin “CRAMPS”.  LOL!  So I get a pass!  








Don’t worry, the comb (yes, that’s why I like it) doesn’t apply any clumps. It’s actually a nice, clean defined look. See below.





It’s still in my repertoire, it’s just not number one anymore. It’s more like number two or three. But, then again, I have a flair for the dramatic when it comes to my eyes. Another CARGO favorite was the CARGO Better-than-Waterproof Mascara. It made my eyes look like this:







I like it. But I still was looking for more bang! So I went to Sephora and bought The Lash Stash for $35. You get ten trial-sized mascaras picked from their best-sellers.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I gave in and bought it! One of each of the following is included:


0.12 oz Smashbox Bionic Mascara

0.10 oz Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara

0.11 oz Vincent Longo The Curl Mascara

0.10 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara

0.13 oz Too Faced Lash Injection Pin Point Mascara

0.10oz Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara

0.32 oz Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

0.13 oz DuWop Lash Venom Mascara

0.13 oz Korres Deep Colour Mascara

0.17 oz Cargo Texas Lash Mascara


I have a new favorite as a result of trying all of these. And the winner (for me) for that “pow” I like on my eyes is........(drum roll)....Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash! It made my eye look like this:






Imagine the look with your eyes done up in a smoky blue or black eyeshadow look and then having eyelashes with the “Smoky Lash” mascara! Bring a stick when you leave the house to beat the fellas off with!


I will show the results of the rest close to the order listed above.


Smashbox Bionic Mascara lashes:



I like the dramatic coloring of this one.


Sephora Atomic Volume mascara lashes:



Good volume for any makeup look.


Vincent Longo The Curl mascara lashes:



Not a favorite of mine, but not bad either.


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara lashes:



Hey!!!! Who stretched out my eyelashes? Why Tarte did!


Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint mascara lashes:



This one is particularly great for getting those lower lashes, even though I didn’t use it on my lower lashes in the above pic. This Too Faced mascara is definitely a close second in my favorites to the Make Up Forever Smoky Lash.


Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara lashes:



I have the Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara in several colors. I like to switch it up sometimes.


Du Wop Lash Venom mascara lashes:



This one is okay. I’m neutral about it.


Korres Deep Color mascara lashes:



The Korres mascara has Provitamin B5 and Rice Bran in it. Great for you health nuts out there! I was impressed by it actually, as I don’t know much about the brand. Nice bit of drama there.


CARGO Texas Lash mascara lashes:



Mind you, beauties, I did not apply any mascara to my lower lashes on any of these shots.


I love having “The Lash Stash” in my makeup kit. I like change, so there seems to be a mascara for every mood or personality.


So if you’re out there searching for that perfect mascara to fit your personality or needs, might I suggest The Lash Stash from Sephora? Try it, I promise you will find several mascaras that you like.


Mahalos for viewing my beginner blog! Cheek kisses!


No comments: