Friday, October 24, 2008

Basic Face Staples

BEAUTY WANNABE 



Aloha!


I just wanted to share with you some products I used to fight the humidity and stay beautiful in tropical Hawaii. First, to combat the large pores, and keep my makeup from sliding off or fading away, I use Lancome La Base face primer.


Oh what a wonderful product! I have the type of skin that is very oily. I also begin to sweat almost immediately upon application in my T-zone. I usually have to sit in front of a fan or air-conditioner after applying foundation. I still have to do this with this primer. But the primer keeps my face looking air-brushed and naturally vibrant all day.

Before using this product, my face would become shiny within an hour of makeup application. Now, I can go up to 4 hours before needing a touchup.

What I use for touchups are either Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder, or Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil. Neither irritate my very sensitive skin. However, with both, you must apply lightly to avoid the “washed-out” powdery look. However, if you are heavy handed like myself and have oily skin, within a half hour, even if you put too much touchup powder on, your makeup will be back to normal.




Please let me know your opinions of these products. I absolutely love them!

For now, smooches, beauties!

No comments: